An Egyptian court on Monday banned the Muslim Brotherhood from carrying out any activities in the country and ordered the seizure of the group’s funds, widening a campaign to debilitate the Islamist movement of deposed President Mohamed Mursi.
‘The court bans the activities of the Muslim Brotherhood organization and its non-governmental organization and all the activities that it participates in and any organization derived from it,’ said the presiding judge Mohammed al-Sayed.
The court ordered the government to seize the Brotherhood’s funds and administer its frozen assets.
- Egypt Bans Muslim Brotherhood, Seizes Assets (drudge.com)
- Egyptian Court Bans Muslim Brotherhood (nationalreview.com)
- Egypt Court Bans All Muslim Brotherhood Activities (patdollard.com)
- Egyptian court bans Muslim Brotherhood activity – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Court orders all Bro assets confiscated… (foxnews.com)