Some 37% of married women in the Palestinian territories have been subjected to domestic violence by their husbands. Of these, 51% live in Gaza according to a 2012 study by the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics. Speaking in hushed tones for fear that passersby might hear, Ibtissam recounted her story.
“My husband did not like what I cooked for dinner, so he punched me in the face, injuring my eye. I often get severely beaten for trivial reasons. I am cruelly insulted, but cannot find anyone to listen to my plight or help me overcome my predicament.”
Despite the hoarseness evident in Ibtissam’s voice as she spoke, her uncovered eye remained dry, as if turned to stone in its socket. Trying to remain calm, she continued speaking.
“No one cares about me, and this increased the frequency of my husband’s physical assaults and verbal insults. He even allows his mother and sisters to hit me during familial disagreements.”
The young woman explained that two things had prevented her from talking about her ordeal: first, her family did not care about what she was being subjected to, and second, fear of the death threats by her husband if she dared to talk. She even told the doctor who treated her eye that she had “fell off a ladder.”
Meanwhile the war in Syria had been raging for about a year and a half. Reports started appearing claiming European Muslims were fighting in Syria. It would only take a couple of months before the first Belgian and Dutch jihadis were identified. On February 16, 2013 another horrible video from Syria (first published by @hlk01) was posted. There was Dutch heard in the video. Later that week, the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, published an article claiming that Dutch security forces (AIVD) were already investigating the matter.
On March 7, Eurojust first confirmed that there were Belgians amongst the European jihadis in Syria. On March 15 and 16, 2013 Harald Doornbos and myself found three YouTube videos (originally posted by Halab News Network and since deleted by Google) in which I clearly heard some Flemish guys. Belgian media later picked up on this story. Later, the parents of Brian De Mulder and Jejoen Bontinck recognized their sons in the videos. The Belgian far right extremist party Vlaams Belang succeeded in luring in one of the families for their own propaganda and the father of Bontinck even went to Syria in search for his son. They all blamed Sharia4Belgium.
Since then reports about the Belgian jihadis appeared weekly. On April 10, 2013 the Belgian weekly magazine Knack published an article on the Belgian jihadis in Syria, claiming that already 12 of them were killed (these reports as of today remain unconfirmed). Here is an overview of those who died fighting in Syria or those who got arrested trying to get there.
On the 22nd of June, Belgian newspapers De Standaard and De Morgen gave an extensive overview of the developments concerning Belgian jihadis in Syria. This is all because of the announcement of the death of ‘Abd ar-Rahmān Ayāshī, a French-Syrian who had left Belgium back in 2012 after he was sentenced to 8 years in jail. ‘Abd ar-Rahmān Ayāshī became a battalion-leader of Suqūr as-Shām, leading about 600 in battle.
An American from California traveled to Syria to join the jihadist rebels in the civil war fight against the Bashar Assad Syrian regime. He tells the interviewer, “What America hates, I love. What they love I hate. They love Dunya (meaning earthly life). I hate the Dunya.” He continues, “They love life. I love death.”
Creeping Sharia (incluye vídeos).
Incluye a las hijas de Obama: Jonathan Turley:
Various news sites are reporting that Alireza Forghani, prominent Khamenei strategist and former governor of southern Iran’s Kish Province, has warned that the daughters of American officials will be kidnapped and raped by Muslims in response to any Syrian attack. He would presumably include President Obama’s daughters in a latest insight into the twisted religious fanaticism of Iranian officials. The quote is all-too-believable for Forghani who previously called for the eradication of Jews in Israel. He also previously proclaimed “In the name of Allah, Iran must attack Israel by 2014.”
- News & World Events – Iran Vows Rape And Murder Of Obama Daughter, Mass Kidnappin (disclose.tv)
- Iran threatens brutal attacks on Americans, Obama family if US hits Syria. Russia has sent warships to the area. China has ships on the way. Iran is threatening Obama personally. I wonder if this will change Obama’s mind about how simple and sterile a “li (powderedwigsociety.com)
- If Obama hits Syria, Iran Threatens Attacks in America and an Obama Daughter (tomohalloran.com)
- Iran ready to unleash Hezbollah, kidnap Americans if US strikes Syria: Report (dnaindia.com)
- Iran threatens brutal attacks on Americans, Obama family (iamnotashamedofthegospelofchrist.com)
- Iran To Kidnap Family Members Of U.S. Officials, Release Videos Of Them Being Killed, If Obama Launches Military Strike On Syria… (redflagnews.com)
- Iranian strategic expert warns that one of Obama’s daughters will be kidnapped and raped if America attacks Syria after Secret Service intercepts orders to attack US targets (dailymail.co.uk)
“Secretary Kerry is, as you all know, a decorated combat veteran,” State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said, referring to Kerry’s service during the Vietnam War. “He’s had … more than words aimed at him.
“So he’s not losing sleep after such a preposterous comment that was based on an inaccurate quote and was completely mischaracterized,” she added.
On Wednesday, Putin accused Kerry of lying about the militant group al Qaeda’s role in the Syrian conflict.
“They lie beautifully, of course. I saw debates in Congress. A congressman asks Mr Kerry: ‘Is al Qaeda there?’ He says: ‘No, I am telling you responsibly that it is not,'” Putin said at a meeting of his human rights council in the Kremlin.
“Al Qaeda units are the main military echelon, and they know this,” he said, referring to the United States. “It was unpleasant and surprising for me – we talk to them, we proceed from the assumption that they are decent people. But he is lying and knows he is lying. It’s sad.”
Aquí en español.
- Kerry not losing sleep after Putin calls him a liar -U.S. (worldbulletin.net)
- Kerry not losing sleep after Putin calls him a liar – Independent Online (iol.co.za)
- Putin: ‘Kerry Is Lying’ (usatoday.com)
- Putin Calls Kerry A ‘Liar’ For Denying That Al-Qaeda Is The One Dominating Syrian Rebels (patdollard.com)
- Putin: Show Me The Proof… (reuters.com)
- Putin calls Kerry a ‘liar’ (thehindu.com)
- Mitt Romney was right (theblogmocracy.com)
¿Cómo ganar esa guerra? Esto es lo que me dijo el diplomático: “Ayudando abundantemente a la oposición siria con armas y pertrechos canalizados por medio de los franceses y pagados por los saudíes. Nadie es tan ingenuo de esperar que se establezca en el país una democracia respetuosa de los derechos civiles. A estas alturas, el mundo se conformaría con que se detuviera la carnicería”. Tal vez tenga razón.
- Al-Qaradawi también quiere que se intervenga en Siria (sanacritica.wordpress.com)
- Al-Qaeda anuncia que se vengará de los cristianos si triunfa la revolución en Siria (sanacritica.wordpress.com)
- “No hay ninguna estrategia” (sanacritica.wordpress.com)
- Intervención en Siria: ¿qué consecuencias tendrá para Líbano? (sanacritica.wordpress.com)
- ¿Por qué Siria iba a usar ADM en una guerra que iba ganando? (sanacritica.wordpress.com)
- El mundo se moviliza ante el apelo del papa por la paz en Siria | ZENIT – El mundo visto desde Roma (amhec.wordpress.com)