Arab Christians are the closest to understanding Islam and its true values. We call upon them at this stage to defend Islam, which is subject to a lot of injustice because some are ignorant of the essence of this faith, which preaches tolerance and moderation, and rejects extremism and isolationism.😯
Jerusalem, which is, regrettably, subject to the worst forms of Judaization today, stands witness to 14 centuries of deep, solid and fraternal relations between Muslims and Christians … We all have the duty to defend the Arab identity of Jerusalem, and protect its Islamic and Christian holy sites. Arab Christians should cling to their Arab identity. It is our collective duty to stand in the face of all practices aimed at displacing or marginalizing them.
El discurso completo aquí.
- Saudi Arabia donating $200 million for Palestinian cities to prevent Judaization (jpost.com)
- Jordan’s king warns of sectarian ‘destruction’ (dailystar.com.lb)
- King Abdullah of Jordan has audience with Pope Francis (upi.com)
- Christians in Middle East: U.S. attack on Syria would be detrimental (religionnews.com)
- Pope breaks with protocol by bowing to Queen Rania of Jordan (telegraph.co.uk)
- Jordan Calls ‘Women of the Wall’ Prayer Site an ‘Attack on Islam’ (jewishpress.com)
- Pope Meets Privately With Jordan’s King and Queen (abcnews.go.com)
- Pope Francis, Jordan king say dialogue is ‘only option’ in Syria conflict (religionnews.com)
- An Oleaginous Pope? Or Did Papa Francis Do A WWJD? (thirdnews.wordpress.com)
- For Arab World’s Christians, an uncertain fate (iranware.com)