Por supuesto, no lo dijo textualmente. Simplemente dijo “Dios prepara a aquellos que tomarán venganza por los muertos”.
A prominent Sunni Muslim cleric offered tacit support yesterday for any Western strike on Syria, suggesting foreign powers were God’s instrument for vengeance.
‘We wish we were able to take revenge for our brothers who have been killed … in their hundreds, but God prepares those who would take revenge for them,’ Egyptian-born Sheikh Youssef Al Qaradawi said in his weekly sermon from Doha, where he lives.
‘We ask God to punish them for what they have done. They deserve what is happening to them,’ Qaradawi said, referring to Bashar Al Assad’s forces, in a sermon broadcast on Qatar state television.
Teniendo en cuenta que es el mismo que dictó una fatwa apoyando los terroristas suicidas contra Israel, el que ahora apoye la intervención, resulta raro, como poco. 😯
“I support the Palestinian cause. I support the resistance and the jihad,” Qaradwi said according to MEMRI. “I support Hamas, the Islamic Jihad, and Hezbollah. I oppose the peace that Israel and America wish to dictate. This peace is an illusion. I support martyrdom operations.”
“Throughout history, Allah has imposed upon the [Jews] people who would punish them for their corruption. The last punishment was carried out by Hitler. By means of all the things he did to them – even though they exaggerated this issue – he managed to put them in their place. This was divine punishment for them. Allah willing, the next time will be at the hand of the believers.”
-January 30, 2009, Sermon on Al-Jazeera TV (MEMRI)
“O God, make Islam’s word the highest, and the word of the enemies of Islam the lowest. O God, support us against your enemies, the enemies of Islam wherever they may be. O God, support us against the treacherous, usurper, oppressive, and arrogant Jews and against their allies, the plotting rancorous Crusaders… O God, make fate turn against them and send affliction in their way and stop their domination of your land. Don’t let them dominate any of your faithful subjects. O God, unleash your might on them; the might that cannot be faced by criminal people. O God… defeat them and give us victory over them. O God, support our brother mujahidin for your sake in the land of Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya, Kashmir, the Philippines, and all Muslim lands….”
-June 10, 2005, sermon on Qatar television (BBC Monitoring, June 13, 2005)
De modo que ¿debemos pensar que esta operación está de acuerdo con la Jihad islámica? 😯 🙄
- Kerry on Al Qaeda in Iraq: Recruiting Young Men to Join ‘Twisted Version of Jihad’ (cnsnews.com)
- The Muslim Brotherhood – in its own words (counterjihadreport.com)
- Intervención en Siria: ¿qué consecuencias tendrá para Líbano? (sanacritica.wordpress.com)
- Libia después de la intervención militar: un país sin ley (sanacritica.wordpress.com)
- Why Qatar Is Quietly Supporting a U.S. Strike in Syria (theatlantic.com)
- Qatar’s New Leader is Quietly Supporting U.S. Strikes in Syria (defenseone.com)
- Syrian war’s got religion (and that ain’t good) (religion.blogs.cnn.com)
- Al-Jazeera America: The Muslim Brotherhood Channel (iranaware.com)
- Arabia Saudí quiere que se intervenga en Siria (sanacritica.wordpress.com)
- Kerry: Arab countries offering to bear the full cost of war (mfs-theothernews.com)