At the third level, a strike on Syria can be expected to have military and security repercussions for Lebanon, and this is the most dangerous of the scenarios. No Lebanese or foreign official can answer the question regarding who will secure the Lebanese-Syrian border if military chaos spreads as a result of the strike. Who can prevent the flow of weapons, jihadists and extremists, in both directions, if that were to occur? Who can predict the outcome of such anarchy on the fragile, even decrepit Lebanese arena?
- Hezbollah says it will hit Israel from within Syria (timesofisrael.com)
- Lebanon vulnerable to Syria spillover, analysts say (thebricspost.com)
- Exodus: Terrified Syrians dash to flee air strikes (independent.co.uk)
- Lebanon, Jordan: Territories not to be used for military strike on Syria – Xinhua (news.xinhuanet.com)
- Hezbollah reportedly mobilizes forces in south Lebanon (timesofisrael.com)
- Tensions Rise In Lebanon As Syria Strikes Loom (eurasiareview.com)