“The news out of Iran is devastating to our family,” she said in a statement released by the American Center for Law and Justice, which is representing the family.
“My husband is serving eight years in the notorious Evin prison and facing daily threats and abuse by radicals because he refuses to deny his Christian faith,” she said.
“And yet, my president, President Obama, has not spoken a word about him,” she said.
“I am extremely disappointed that President Obama has chosen to remain silent on this critical human and religious rights case of an American imprisoned in Iran,” she said.
- Iran court rejects US pastor’s appeal of prison sentence (jurist.org)
- Iranian court nixes appeal from jailed American pastor (foxnews.com)
- Iran upholds American Pastor Saeed Abedini’s 8-year prison sentence (christiantoday.com)
- Iran upholds conviction of American Christian pastor (washingtontimes.com)
- Iranian Court Upholds 8-Year Sentence of Saeed Abedini; Refuses to Provide Copy of Ruling (blackchristiannews.com)
- Irán confirma la sentencia al pastor evangélico americano Saeed (sanacritica.wordpress.com)
- American Pastor Saeed Abedini Has Been Imprisoned for Over 300 Days (blackchristiannews.com)
- Iranian court rejects American pastor’s appeal (timesofisrael.com)
- Wife of Imprisoned Iranian-American Pastor Challenges Obama’s Silence (cnsnews.com)