“Given that Egypt was the guarantor of peace in the region, it’s even more worrying,Maximum restraint must be shown otherwise the risk is that extremist groups take advantage of the situation and that would be extremely serious.”
France and Britain requested a U.N. Security Council meeting on Thursday evening. The 15-member group urged all parties to end the violence and exercise maximum restraint after hundreds of people were killed when troops and police crushed protests seeking the return of deposed President Mohamed Mursi.
Lamentablemente, los extremistas llevan aprovechándose de la situación en la región desde hace mucho tiempo.
- France fears extremists will benefit from Egypt violence (dailystar.com.lb)
- France says Egypt violence risks playing into hands of extremists (panarmenian.net)
- UN Security Council urges end to Egypt violence and maximum restraint – @Reuters (trust.org)
- UN Security Council urges end to violence in Egypt – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Egypt braced for more violence as Brotherhood calls ‘march of anger’ (independent.ie)
- Egypt braces for more violence as Brotherhood calls ‘march of anger’ – Reuters (reuters.com)