Britain and America have told citizens to leave Yemen “immediately” as the al Qaeda terror threat intensifies.
The UK and the US State Department have also instructed that their embassies should be evacuated and all non-emergency US government staff have been ordered to leave the country “due to the continued potential for terrorist attacks”.
A statement from the UK Foreign Office said: “Due to increased security concerns, all staff in our Yemen embassy have been temporarily withdrawn, and the embassy will remain closed until staff are able to return.
Más sobre esto aquí:
The intercepted conversations last week between Ayman al-Zawahri, who succeeded Osama bin Laden as the head of the global terrorist group, and Nasser al-Wuhayshi, the head of the Yemen-based al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, revealed what US intelligence officials and lawmakers have described as one of the most serious plots against US and Western interests since the attacks on September 11th , 2001.
Otras causas de este recrudecimiento pueden ser tanto la lenta desaparición del corazón de Al-Qaeda, mientras resurgen con fuerza los satélites a él vinculados (por ejemplo, la organización Terik-e-Taliban de Pakistan, como también la necesidad de “liberar” a los presos de Guantánamo, un objetivo a largo plazo de las organizaciones terroristas islámicas, o el devenir de la llamada “Primavera árabe” -que ha resultado ser lo que algunos nos temíamos-.
- State Department orders evacuation of U.S. embassy in Yemen (ctvnews.ca)
- US warns citizens to leave Yemen (bbc.co.uk)
- State Dept. orders evacuation of embassy in Yemen (news.yahoo.com)
- Yemen releases names of 25 wanted al Qaeda suspects (panarmenian.net)
- Americans Told to Leave Yemen ‘Immediately’ (abcnews.go.com)
- France shuts down embasssy in Yemen (worldbulletin.net)
- Yemen drone strike kills four suspected al Qaeda militants: tribal leaders – Reuters (reuters.com)
- UK withdraws Yemen embassy staff (bbc.co.uk)
- Britain extends closure of Yemen embassy by two days (nation.com.pk)