Nada ha cambiado, si acaso han aumentado un poco más la violencia contra los coptos, algo que no parece preocupar mucho internacionalmente:
A funeral service was held Sunday (July 7) for the four Christians killed in a village outside of Luxor. In Al Dabaya on Friday, Islamists attacked Coptic Christian Emil Naseem Saroufeem, 42; for reasons that remain unknown, they blamed Saroufeem for the death of Hassan Sayyed Segdy, a Muslim whose body had been found earlier that day, according to a human rights worker and other sources. Saroufeem was known to be a supporter of the Tamard or “Rebel” movement that began gathering in cities across Egypt on June 30 to demonstrate against Morsi of the Freedom and Justice Party, created by the Muslim Brotherhood.
A mob formed and began beating Saroufeem, who escaped briefly when two relatives, Mouhareb Noushy Habib, 38, and Romany Noushy, 33, hid him, according to Safwat Samaan, a director at human rights group Nation Without Limits. The rabble caught up with the three Christians in the apartment of Rasem Tawadrous Aqladios, 56. Saroufeem and Aqladios were bludgeoned to death. The other two, Habib and Noushy, died when they were beaten and repeatedly stabbed, Samaan and others told Morning Star News.
The assailants then turned their attention to other Coptic villagers, beating many of them, and then looting and burning down their homes. Three other Copts were seriously wounded, according to Samaan and others.
- Clashes in Luxor leave four Copts dead, 32 injured (dailynewsegypt.com)
- Obama Opposes Protests Against Savage Muslim Brotherhood he Helped Install (patdollard.com)
- Coptic diaspora group releases book ‘Free the Copts’ (prweb.com)
- Obama to Egyptian Christians: Don’t Protest the Brotherhood (frontpagemag.com)
- Christians in Egypt Fearful after Five Copts Killed (voiceofthepersecuted.wordpress.com)
- Coptic Priest Shot Dead In Revenge Attack (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Retaliation Begins: Muslim Brotherhood Supporters Set Church On Fire In Egypt (midnightwatcher.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s Egyptian Ambassador To Coptic Christians: ‘Do Not Protest Against Morsi’ Backlash: “Go To Hell Liars” “Shut Up Mind Your Own Business” [Protest Signs] (ironicsurrealism.com)